February 10, 2011

Victorian Valentine's Clipart Images


This Victorian Advertisement for The Ladies' Home Journal from 1891 is one of my most favorite finds this year! I scanned it from an 1891 newspaper. (I don't recall now which one.. I have dozens..)


I just had to pull this lovely lady out of the ad for you.. she is gorgeous! Perfect for Valentine's art projects or perhaps for wedding pieces now that the season of weddings is almost upon us!

Please remember to play nice.. no adding these images to CD's for resale or selling them the way they are. I work hard to provide them free for you and would like them to remain free for others as well. Feel free to use them in your art and craft and sell your wares!

9 comments:

TwoHeartsPath said...

This is too Awesome...and the Sentiment is typical from way back when...we have all heard of Eleanor Roosevelt and Betsy Ross..but many women who were part of history were always in the shadows...
TFS Patti

Vicky said...

I love vintage and this is so neat you sharing this picture its interesting to see what the prices were for items in that time period.

Tapping World Summit said...

Wow! These are great! Love the vintage look and feel of it.

deb said...

Love all the vintage images. Thanks so much for sharing.

CHeck out my blog for a little something for yours!

Unknown said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!

Beth said...

Just found your site...how simply fantastic !!!!! can't wait to make something. thank you for sharing!

Anne N. said...

AWW, I looove it :o)

Laure said...

Thanks for all your lovely cliparts!!
But the link to your website doesn't work anymore :(

Carmen said...

Abbie, I notice you haven't posted here in a long time, and your link to Percy and Bloom doesn't seem to work. Is there another way to find you?