July 29, 2011

A good ribbon is hard to find

Last weekend while browsing on Etsy, I noticed their featured seller was Rachel Rose who dyes silk shirts in a very organic, etheral way. I was quite inspired by this very blouse and wanted to try to dye my own.
However, I didn't want to spend any large amount of money on a silk shirt (only to not have my experiment work out) and tried to find some silk ribbon to try to dye first. I went to a couple of craft stores in the area (Hobby Lobby, Joann's, etc.) and they either didn't carry silk ribbon or didn't have what I was looking for. I went online to see if I could find some and I finally did, but it took a lot of searching.
Do you ever have this problem? What are some of the craft items that you would love to have but just cannot find them stocked in stores?

Anyway, it is Friday and time to celebrate! Here is today's image. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

TMCPhoto said...

all the time which is why I mostly get stuff online.

I was madly looking for glass microscope slides and had to order them from a laboratory supply company.

Carmen said...

Cute image!! There's very little crafty stuff where I live, so I usually do lots of looking around when we go out of town. Sometimes we shop online too.

Saraccino said...

Mh... what about going in a fabric store for silk or buy some white silk scarves in a crafting shop? You could cut them into stripes for some colour experiments :)

Saraccino said...

Or I could send you some stripes... I have some white silk lying here and still no project with it... but it is a not a really thin silk more a little bit heavier fabric... but if you like to have some of it, just write me :)

Rhissanna said...

Heck, yes. Silk ribbon, silk chiffon and silk tulle. I've been after silk tulle for a long time.*sigh*

Sarah said...

Saraccino- That is really sweet of you! I will see what happens with what I have and will keep you in mind. Thanks very much! :)

canngil said...

sweet maypole! thanks!

Anonymous said...

I found the silk ribbon I was looking for (for silk ribbon embroidery) at Michaels-- rather surprisingly.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous image!! The sweet maypole reminds me of my youth.